Tips for Sellers
Selling your home is a big decision. My goal when working with a homeowner is to sell the property for the best possible terms and to be an aid through the entire process. I will explain the selling process, familiarize you with the activities, documents and procedures you will experience. In order to get the most for your property I will…
- Advise you on when to put your home on the market.
- Assist you in establishing a strategic price based on recent comparable sales, local market conditions, property condition and upgrades, and your motivation to sell.
- Estimate probable net proceeds.
- Advise you on how to make your home more appealing to potential buyers.
- Provide professionals pictures for online marketing.
- Order a “FOR SALE” sign to be placed prominently on your property.
- Install a lock box to make it easy for agents to show your home.
- Submit your home to the regional Multiple Listing Service for immediate exposure to the real estate community.
- Arrange Sales Associates in the area to tour the home.
- Develop a flyer/brochure highlighting the features and benefits of your home.
- Promote your home at the appropriate Association(s) of Realtors’ for maximum exposure to other cooperating agents.
- Hold open houses when appropriate.
- Contact your neighbors to promote the property.
- Advertise your property through our regular office communications.
- Feature your property on ERA web site and REALTOR.com.
- Ask clients and colleagues if they know of possible buyers.
Negotiating the Offer and Closing
All offers will be presented to you immediately. You will be able to accept, reject, or counter any offer presented. During the negotiation process, I will use my experience and skills to advocate your interests. Once an offer is accepted, I will manage all the details to make the process as stress-free and efficient as possible:
- Reviewing the contract and obligations before you sign.
- Explaining how the due diligence process works.
- Protecting you from signing a “blank check” for unknown problems or repairs.
- Defining legal disclosure requirements.
- Orchestrate the offer process for “back-up” offers, if necessary.
- Staying in contact with the buyer’s agent to ensure a smooth closing.
- Following up on the progress of the buyer’s loan.
- Monitoring all items of the due diligence period.
- Assisting you if a conflict with the buyer arises.
- Attend closing with you.
- Coordinate with you to receive your funds and deliver keys.
How to get started?
Contact me today and we will make a plan! We will review the process and go over recent comparable sales.